RING SIZE GUIDE
How to find out your ring finger. Size tips and myths.
1. Measure Your Finger
One of the easiest ways to assess your ring size is to measure your finger with a strip of paper or string:
- Start by cutting out a strip of paper that is approximately 3/4-inch wide and 4 inches long.
- Wrap the paper around the base of the intended finger, and then mark where the paper overlaps. The length of the paper you measured in millimeters is the circumference of your finger.
- After finding this measurement, use our conversion chart to find the corresponding ring size.
- If the size of your finger below the knuckle drastically differs in size from the knuckle itself, measure your knuckle as well. Then, choose a size that falls more in the middle of these two measurements.
2. Measure a Ring You Already Have
- If you have a ring that already fits your finger well, you can use a ruler to measure the inside diameter of this ring:Take your ruler and measure straight across the inside of the ring from edge to edge.
- Take the diameter measurement in millimeters, and then use our measurement-conversion chart to find your ring size.
This is a chart that will be extremely helpful for you to determine the ring size that you need. You can either make use of a tape or a small piece of string to measure the area that will be occupied by the ring. When it becomes a complete circle, make a mark on such string. This will be helpful for you to compare with the chart that is mentioned below.
- Measure your finger in warm temperatures at the end of the day.
- If your knuckle is a lot larger than the base of your finger,measure both the base of your finger and your knuckle and select a size between the two.
- When considering a wide band, move up a size from your measurement, for comfort’s sake.